PhD student positions in computer science
in the research training group "Interactive Inference" at Friedrich Schiller University Jena
We offer seven full-time positions (40 hours per week, TV-L E 13, 100%) commencing on April 01, 2022 or later, and limited to four years.
We are a research training group funded by the Carl-Zeiss-Stiftung under the call "Scientific Breakthroughs in Artificial intelligence". Our group unites researchers from machine learning and artificial intelligence, algorithm and performance engineering, logic, visualization, and bioinformatics and theoretical biology with the common goal of advancing the state of the art in artificial intelligence by scalable probabilistic inference. We offer PhD students access to a wide variety of research projects at the forefront of artificial intelligence, each supported by at least two advisors from complementary fields.
- Conduct research in machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Work together with practitioners from algorithm and performance engineering, logic, visualization, bioinformatics, and theoretical biology
- Additional responsibilities based on your placement in the participating group(s)
- Work on your own PhD
- Masters degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, physics, or a related field
- Willingness to work in an interdisciplinary field
- Experience in one or more of the core areas as stated above
Bring your own project: we are also open to students presenting their own project ideas. Just make sure they fit within the general theme of interactive inference.
Are you eager to work with us? Send us your application in English or German, mentioning the reference of this job offer ID 467/2021 by email (one PDF file) and including
- a cover letter detailing research interests and experience,
- a detailed CV,
- a copy of your university certificates.
For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.